Whether you prefer an automatic drip coffee maker or the meditation of a perfect...
Leave it to Jura to come up with the most elegant, luxurious take yet on the single serve coffee machine. The Jura Ena Micro 1 espresso machine packs an impressive number of must-have features into its streamlined, tiny frame. The superautomatic espresso machine grinds the beans, doses, brews and dispenses your choice of a ristretto shot, double shot or cup of coffee.
The Jura Ena is aimed at the home coffee drinker rather than the espresso/cappuccino/latte crowd, so it doesn’t include a steam wand or milk jug, but other than that, it’s a sweet little machine that offers the elegant simplicity of coffee, black.
The Jura Ena Micro 1 is the smallest super-automatic in the Jura line. At just 9 inches wide and less than 18 inches deep, it has a remarkably small, but very elegant, footprint on your counter. In fact, it’s a minimalist’s dream, a smooth block of matte black plastic with a silver shelf and spout on the front. The bean hopper and water reservoir fit in to the top of the machine, mostly out of sight, and the very simple touch screen controls are set into a panel at the front of the top.
– Professional grade conical burr grinder to grind your beans fresh immediately before brewing
– Programmable sizes: ristretto, espresso, coffee
– Two different dosage levels: 8 grams and 10 grams to brew coffee as you like it
– Preservation seal on the bean hopper to keep beans fresh
– Adjustable coffee spout fits travel cups
– Easy to use with touch screen technology
– Pre-infusion cycle for fuller coffee extraction
– Bypass doser to use pre-ground coffee if desired
– Water filter
– Easy cleanup
– 9 x 12.7 x 17.5 inches
– 19.4 lbs.
– 1450w, 120v
– Plastic case, stainless steel boiler
– ThermoBlock boiler
– Holds .275 pounds of beans
– 36-oz water reservoir
A Closer Look:
The Jura Ena Micro 1 makes great coffee, though the espresso may be a little on the weak side for those who like to experiment with 15-18 gram doses for their shots. The highest dose setting delivers just 10 grams of coffee.
There are a few things to really like about the Ena. Cleanup is dead simple. Your spent puck is dumped into an internal storage bin at the end of each brew, and the machine rinses itself. The water used for the rinse drains into a second storage compartment next to the spent bean storage. When they need to be emptied, the machine lets you know.
All the moving parts fit together smoothly. You don’t have to force anything or snap anything into place, which is a nice switch from machines that break far too easily because you have to force bins and covers into place.
– Single cup coffee without the pods
– Grinds fresh for every cup
– One touch operation couldn’t be simpler
– Rinse cycle to reduce maintenance, which it will tell you when it needs
– Adjustable coffee spout to fit taller cups
– Easy to use
– Programmable buttons to set your own preferences
– Energy-saving mode, auto-shutoff and Zero-energy switch to eliminate ghosting energy
– No steam wand
– Small water reservoir
– Small drip tray
– The largest dose is 10 grams
In a Nutshell:
The Jura Ena Micro 1 is a luxury machine with a luxury price tag. The construction is high-quality, the technology is top-notch and the coffee is smooth, sweet and topped with rich, light-as-a-feather crema. Every time.