Coffee lovers have had good reason to rejoice over the past decade or so. Major ...
If you’re looking to brew your own coffee, all you need to do is pull out your trusty coffee pot. But if you’re looking to do more than just drink a cup of coffee, you need some help. You can actually brew your own coffee right into a number of different baked goods and snacks, rather than limit yourself to a mug of brew. Here are some brew your own coffee recipes that might work for you.
In your traditional brownie recipe, you can easily brew your own coffee brownies. Add the usually ingredients, but when you are stirring the ingredients together, be sure to add some whole espresso coffee beans to the mix – about a half a cup. You can always add more or less depending on the flavor you want.
In a favorite cupcake recipe or from a box that you’ve bought, you can brew your own coffee cupcakes and add some flavor to an adult birthday party. When you’re mixing up the batter, you can do one of two things: add in some whole espresso beans or add some powdered coffee drink to the mix. In either case, you will be adding the richness of a cup of coffee without having to brew your own coffee in a pot.
For a decadent dessert, you can brew your own coffee tiramisu too. Here is the recipe for this delightful treat:
1 1/2 c Kahlua
1 1/2 c brewed espresso
24 unflavored ladyfingers
11 separated egg yolks
1/2 c sugar
3/4 c Marsala wine
1 pt whipping cream
1 pd mascarpone cheese
1/2 pd powdered sugar
1. In a large bowl, combine the egg yolks, the sugar and the wine.
2. Whisk constantly until it’s frothy and thick.
3. Cool the mix to room temperature.
4. In another large bowl, combine the whipping cream, the mascarpone and powdered sugar; beat until smooth and fluffy with an electric mixer.
5. Line a 13 x 9 pan with the ladyfingers.
6. Combine the Kahlua and the espresso.
7. Drizzle the espresso mixture over the ladyfingers.
8. Pour the second mix over the ladyfingers
9. Spread the first mixture over the second mixture.
Chill this recipe until it’s cold before serving. This will serve twelve people and be a hit at your next party.
When you want to brew your own coffee, why wait for the pot to be done? Instead, try these brew your own coffee recipes and see that coffee doesn’t just have to be a part of your mornings; it can be a part of the rest of your day too.